Saturday, March 1, 2014

ObamaGolf


(Receptionist) Hello, Welcome to ObamaGolf. My name is Trina. How can I help you?

(
Customer) Hello, I received an email from Golfsmith stating that my Pro V1 order has been canceled and I should go to your exchange to reorder it.  I tried your web site, but it seems like it is not working. So I am calling the 800 number.

(
Receptionist) Yes, I am sorry about the web site. It should be fixed by the end of 2014. But I can help you.

(
Customer) Thanks, I ordered some Pro V1 balls.

(
Receptionist) Sir, Pro V1's do not meet our minimum standards, I will be happy to provide you with a choice of Pinnacle, TopFlite, or Callaway Blue.

(
Customer) But I have played Pro V1 for years.

(
Receptionist) The government has determined that Pro V1s are no longer acceptable, so we have instructed Titleist to stop making them.  TopFlites are better, sir, I am sure you will love them.

(
Customer) But I like the Pro V1.  Why are TopFlites better?

(Receptionist) That is all spelled out in the 2700 page "Affordable Golf Ball Act" passed by Congress.

(
Customer) Well, how much are these TopFlites?

(
Receptionist) It depends sir, do you want our Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum package?

(
Customer) What's the difference?

(
Receptionist) 12, 24, 36 or 48 balls.

(
Customer) The Silver package may be okay; how much is it?

(
Receptionist) It depends, sir; what is your monthly income?

(
Customer) What does that have to do with anything?

(
Receptionist) I need that to determine your government Golf Ball subsidy; then I can determine how much your out-of-pocket cost will be.  But if your income is below the poverty level, you might qualify for a subsidy.  In that case, I can refer you to our BallAid department.

(
Customer) BallAid?

(
Receptionist) Yes, golf balls are a right, everyone has a right to golf balls.  So, if you can't afford them, then the government will supply them free of charge.

(
Customer) Who said they were a right?

(
Receptionist) Congress passed it, the President signed it and the Supreme Court found it Constitutional.

(
Customer) Whoa.....I don't remember seeing anything in the Constitution regarding golf balls as a right.

(
Receptionist) There's no explicit mention of golf balls in the Constitution, but President Obama is a former constitutional scholar and he believes it would have been included if the Constitutional had not been drafted by a bunch of slave-owning white men.  The Democrats in the Congress and the Supreme Court agree with the President that golf balls are now a right guaranteed by the Constitution.

(
Customer) I don't believe this...

(
Receptionist) It's the law of the land sir. Now, we anticipated most people would go for the Silver Package, so what is you monthly income sir?

(
Customer) Forget it, I think I will forego the balls this year.

(
Receptionist) In that case, sir, I will still need your monthly income.

(
Customer) Why?

(
Receptionist) To determine what your 'non-participation' cost would be.

(
Customer) WHAT? You can't charge me for NOT buying golf balls.

(
Receptionist) It's the law of the land, sir, approved by the Supreme Court. It's $49.50 or 1% of your monthly income.....

(Customer) This is ridiculous, I'll pay the $49.50.

(
Receptionist) Sir, it is the $49.50 or 1% of your monthly income, whichever is greater.

(
Customer) ARE YOU KIDDING ME? What a ripoff!!

(
Receptionist) Actually sir, it is a good deal. Next year it will be 2%.

(
Customer) Look, I'm going to call my Congressman to find out what's going on here. This is ridiculous. I'm not going to pay it.

(
Receptionist) Sorry to hear that sir, that's why I had the NSA track this call and obtain the make and model of the cell phone you are using.

(
Customer) Why does the NSA need to know what kind of cell phone I am using?

(
Receptionist) So they get your GPS coordinates, sir

(Door Bell rings followed immediately by a loud knock on the door)

(
Receptionist) That would be the IRS, sir. Thanks for calling ObamaGolf, have a nice day...and God Bless the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave.

No comments:

Post a Comment